With its simple yet stunning toppings of fresh tomatoes, basil, and cheese, a pizza margherita is a testament to rustic Italian cooking. This Neapolitan thin-crusted pizza elevates the flavor of each ingredient to create a light yet delectable dish. To really satisfy your taste buds, be sure to prepare this dish in a wood or gas-fired oven — just like how the Italians make it.
• A 6-inch round of pizza dough, stretched
• 1 1/2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
• 1 2/3 of fresh mozzarella
• 3 basil leaves, torn
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat your pizza oven to the highest for about an hour.
2. Stretch your pizza dough until its smooth and thin use the GoodMore pizza tools docker to make holes in the dough, and transfer onto the tray.
3. Starting at the center, spread the tomato sauce over the dough by using the back of a spoon until it’s evenly spread.
4. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil over the pizza.
5. Divide the mozzarella into large chunks and put them on top of the tomato sauce.
6. Spread basil leaves across the pizza.
7. Then, sprinkle a dash of salt.
8. Place the pizza into the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.